One of the fastest growing school districts in Texas, the McKinney ISD currently enrolls more than 24,500 students in 20 elementary schools, five middle schools, four alternative schools and one early childhood education school. Recent McKinney ISD awards and honors include:
- 6 NCEA Higher Performing Schools (formerly Just for the Kids Honor Roll)
- 2014 U.S. News & World Report High School Rankings: McKinney HS (Gold Medal, #47 in Texas, #416 Nationally [Top 2.1%]), McKinney Boyd HS (Gold Medal, #53 in Texas, #483 Nationally [Top 2.4%]), McKinney North HS (Silver Medal, #55 in Texas, #501 Nationally [Top 2.58%])
- Nine United Way/Cooper Institute Healthy Zone Schools
- Four NCLB National Blue Ribbon Schools
- Two Intel Schools of Distinction for Innovative Teaching in Science and Engineering
- Three AVID Demonstration Schools
- SAT/ACT scores exceed national averages
- 1 of only 388 Districts in the Nation and 1 of only 21 school districts in Texas, to be named by the College Board to the AP Achievement List for broadening the number of students taking AP courses while at the same time increasing performance on the AP exams.
- State and National Recognition for UIL Programs Every Year
- The only district in Texas to have a TMEA Honor Choir at every level 3 out of the last 5 years
- Sunny Award for Top Governmental Transparency Website for 2011, 2012 & 2013 and the only school district in Texas to receive an “A+” rating last year
- In 2012, 1 of only 44 Districts in Texas to receive State Comptrollers Gold Designation every year; 2014 Recipient of Platinum Designation
- Superior Rating on State’s FIRST (Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas) – We’ve received the highest rating every year since the inception of the program.
- 7 MISD Elementary Campuses Received Gold Awards in the Healthier US School Challenge Initiative
Chamberlain Place is currently zoned for McGowen Elementary School, Faubion Middle School, and McKinney High School. For more information, visit the McKinney ISD website at http://www.mckinneyisd.net or contact the McKinney ISD at (469) 302-4000.
While Chamberlain Place is located in the McKinney ISD, the Lovejoy ISD accepts applications for Tuition-Based Limited Open Enrollment for students living outside the Lovejoy ISD. Students interested in attending nearby Puster Elementary School can apply for admission. Criteria for enrollment has been established by the district and students who meet this criteria will be considered for enrollment. For more information about Lovejoy ISD and their Tuition-Based Enrollment program, visit the Lovejoy ISD website at http://www.lovejoyisd.net or contact Lovejoy ISD at (469) 742-8000.